Thursday 24 March 2011

I always laugh at the bf when he gets almost excited about buying a new DIY gadget, and I most definitely sulk when I get dragged round B&Q (apart from the huge stores that I can get lots off wallpaper samples & colour swatches from), but, when he sent me this I saw screws in a completely new light.
Maybe it is possible that they can be exciting.

This work, by Andrew Myres from Orange County, uses thousands of screw to create these incredible portraits.

He has managed to sell five works for £5,500, although I don't think that quite covered the cost of making them.

Amazing all the same.












3 comments:

  1. that is talent! wow! I am amazed...
    thank you for showing me this:)

    thebeautylover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing isn't it :)
    Thankyou for the lovely comment x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i guess its just like painting by numbers with screws, and if you have a depth gauge on your drill that could be quite easy. but still its fantastic!

    ReplyDelete