Thursday 5 May 2011

Food for Thought

YSL "Touche Éclat" Spring/ Summer 2011 campaign. Jourdan Dunn by Terry Richardson...

Firstly I want to say that I think this is SUCH a beautiful advert, (and a dream product may I add), but does anyone else think it could cause a bit of 'controversy'?

Reminds me hugely of a cigarette.
*The small accessory that causes such uproar by the viewer & a look that 'no-one' should be going for. It is no longer 'cool' and, bluntly, just ammo for some media coverage, which lets face it, is basically what the smoking look is now solely used for.*

Just a thought anyway. It was just the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this. "Wow, gorgeous. Ooh, cigarette?"
A deliberate resemblance? I just don't know. Not much is done by accident in these sort of things though...

No comments:

Post a Comment